Site layout and design are Copyright by Daryl W. Clemens 2013.
Copyright to articles published here remain the property of their authors.
Articles from Lighting Powder Company’s Minutiae newsletter are reprinted with permission.
Some U.S. Government documents are reprinted here as a public service based on the following from the National Institute of Justice:
- In general, NIJ’s content — text, imagery, video and audio — is not copyrighted.
- You may use NIJ text, audio, video or photographs for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Web pages.
- Some materials may contain a copyright notice. It is your responsibility to identify the copyright owner and to obtain permission before making use of this material.
- NIJ materials may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by NIJ or by any NIJ employee of a commercial product, service or activity, or used in any other manner that might mislead the public.
- Please acknowledge NIJ as the source of used material. Our preference for the credit line is:
The [insert the name of your organization] gratefully acknowledges the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, National Institute of Justice, for allowing us to reproduce, in part or in whole, the [article/publication/video/audio presentation] [insert title]. The opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this video are those of the speaker(s) and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.
Articles posted on Crime & Clues may be freely reproduced for educational purposes, with acknowledgement of source.